Monday, May 7, 2012
Exploring
I noticed this morning as I tried to rock you back to sleep after your way early morning feeding, that you are more aware than the last time I attempted this (your Dad has been doing this since late last week as he was off for many consecutive days). Last week you snuggled into my chest and would go right back to sleep, but this morning you were wide awake looking around the room and focusing on things the night light illuminated. It had me thinking, maybe we should get a night light that is not so bright. After you had scanned the entire room and were finished exploring from my arms, you closed your eyes and fell back to sleep. While this process took a lot longer than your tired Mom had hoped for, I realized that this is exactly what I want you to do, even if it is at 4 am and I'm tired. Now I only wish I could figure out a way to know what you're thinking as you're exploring the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment