For at least the last three months, the red monkey has hung on your car seat. Most of the time you just gaze at it or want nothing to do with it, but today, while we were on our way to Target in the car, I heard the distinctive pull on the ring and the vibration it makes as it retreats back into place. This happened about 20 times on our drive into town (about 5 minutes). Then as I pulled you out of the car, I noticed your hand was still hanging on it (as shown in the picture above) and that is how you stayed for the next hour. I was stunned to hear the distinctive pull noise and then retreat several times in Target and when I would look down at you, you'd smile. Of course, then I couldn't help but smile because who can keep from smiling when they see your glowing eyes and big smile. But I also realize you've taught yourself what to do with the red monkey. Your Dad and I do not often pull on his ring, but I think you've taken notice when we do, because now you're pulling on him too. I love to see your expressions when you start to figure out things lately and do them for yourself. It makes me so proud to see you doing these things and teaching yourself. I'm excited to continue to see how you progress! I hope the curiosity I see in you now, continues forever!
In other news (and as you may see in your picture above), you are wearing a helmet. This week we received the helmet and it is supposed to fix your flat spots as your head grows. We are hoping it does just that, because the list of things that we were told could happen if it does not will affect you for the rest of your life and we do not want that to happen.

So far, you seem to have no problems with the helmet. Life has gone on as usual for you, as seen below, where you seem annoyed as Dad takes pictures, because you are busy playing.
Or continue to chomp on Sophie.
You're exploring new things little man and I feel as if I'm seeing the world from a whole different perspective now. I hope you continue to open my eyes to things I seem to take for granted or neglect to take notice of each day.


No comments:
Post a Comment