Tuesday, March 13, 2012

One Week Old

Yesterday marked your one week birthday and it was a busy day for our family.  Your dad headed back to work for a short 3 day work week (we had planned to attend the WCHA Final Five this weekend and therefore, we both had taken off Thursday and Friday from work).  Grandma Jean arrived on Sunday night to help out while dad was at work.  Finally, we went to your first doctor's appointment in the morning.

The doc said you looked great and he would have never known you were premature by looking at you.  All of the checks he did turned out great and he was glad you'd started to gain weight.  He said you were a thriving young man but since you had not reached birth weight yet, we should come back to get it checked out. We'll show him how well you've been eating next week when they check your weight.  During the time while we were with the nurse or doctor (nearly 40 minutes total) you slept and even fought the doctor to show him your eyes.    It was then I realized you are starting to develop your personality and even today you amaze me with all the changes that occur.  

Here is a picture of you before we left for the doctor - you sure do love your car seat and fall right to sleep when you get in it.

As the close of Monday and your first week here arrived, I could not help but think about everything that had happened the week before at certain times of the night.  I remember looking at the clock around the time I arrived at North Memorial via ambulance and continued to remember throughout the night what stage we were at in the process of your delivery.  I suppose I will do this for the next several weeks and it will be great memories as you are thriving and were able to leave the hospital so quickly given your gestation age.

One final picture at our first attempt to start the size pictures.  You were not happy with dad or I for putting you next to your horse, Leroy (named by dad) and your cow, Moo Moo (short for Moo Moo Maroo and also named by dad).  Hopefully we'll get better at catching you at happier moments with these size pictures.

1 comment:

  1. He's adorable, Steph! Congrats! Thanks for sending me the blog link. :)

    ReplyDelete