OCW - 2, Mom and Dad - 0
Just in case your Dad and I had forgotten who ran this ship, you reminded us last night on two separate occasions. The first happened when I was changing you. You've done a good job at getting through each changing and not being a little boy aiming for the wall (the last time your Dad and I experienced this was your first full day at home). Well last night as I was getting ready to give you a quick clean with the wipe before I fastened your diaper, I realized just why that washcloth was in place. You were going to town as I pulled it back and the wall was your target. Needless to say I could not help but laugh because that is what all parents do in this situation - there is nothing we can do to help it.
Then just a few hours later as your Dad was changing you I heard "oh crap" and then "you little nerd" from your room. Sure enough, as Dad was trying to get the diaper in place to fasten it you started aiming towards the wall again. I guess you decided last night that your Dad and I needed a little reminder just who ran the ship around here and that you were our little boy. Thanks for the reminder buddy - we love you to death, even if it does take two diapers and a little extra time during one diaper change.
Yesterday was three weeks since you arrived in this world. And gasp, Dad and I forgot to take a picture. We will get you in a little over a week in your one month photo shoot.
Today also marked a big day for your Dad and I. As we rolled out of bed around 9 am this morning, I started to think about the date. Today was the day for the scheduled c section and it actually was scheduled for 8:30 am. While your Dad was changing you and getting you ready to feed, we talked about the fact that we were just supposed to have met you (had everything gone with the plan). Yet, here we are, three weeks later getting into our routine and enjoying life as a family. We wouldn't have it any other way, especially since everything seems to continue to go well for you as you grow and develop.
Here are a few of you today as we tried to take some pictures for your birth announcement. The first is the sweet little man that likes to sleep in our arms and snuggle in close. The second is your personality to a T - arms out and in the air looking for all the exciting new things going on around you.
No comments:
Post a Comment